Luxembourg is considered another best of Melbourne and an Andrew McConnell establishment. It’s located in St. Kilda, which is known for its partying ways like me in college.
[adinserter name=”Block 2″]
Luxembourg is very nice restaurant with an open kitchen and white table cloth imported from Venus. Yes, the planet Venus cause everything amazing comes from Venus not Mars. The server told us they teleport it through a wormhole to get it from Venus to Earth in a matter of seconds. I was like “Wow, that’s fantastic. Now, Could you teleport me to another restaurant?”
The staff is very nice, attentive and loads of fun. I never really had to request a refill for my water or my alcoholic beverage. I think it’s an Aussie thing to be nice cause we Americans are jerks. Well, I shouldn’t say “we” cause it was really meant for the current national embarrassment aka president. On behalf of all Americans, I would like to apologize to all Australians beforehand cause we would hate to lose you as our drinking buddies.
Now, the food. We went with the tasting menu. It was relatively cheap compared to some of the prices I’ve paid in the past like getting an extra song with your lap dance.
- Steak – I didn’t like this dish very much. It’s an O’Connell club steak cooked with Cafe de Paris Butter. I personally thought the steak was overcooked. It was too chewy and there was no signs of tenderness like Russell Crowe. Is he a New Zealander or an Aussie?
- Flounder Fish – We meet again. This was a whole fish with seared skin. The texture of the Flounder fish was delicate and broke away from the bones very easily. The flavor was sweet. I definitely enjoyed this dish like I enjoyed telling the waitress my uncle’s credit card was stolen when he tried to pay for the meal.
- Beef Prosciutto – The appetizer of the meal to get things going like Viagra. It was thinly slice and salty; it came with anchovy and chili. The anchovy definitely added another layer of sodium to the Prosciutto like adding salt to your soy sauce.
- Trout – I really enjoyed this dish. The Trout was cut thinly and it tasted somewhat smoked; it was very earthy and robust. However, it wasn’t very delicate and didn’t break apart in flakes. The creme fraiche & watercress was a decent addition to the Trout unlike Trump’s administration picks.
Lastly, the meal was good overall and the service was great. The wait staff and all other restaurants in Oz was totally surprised when I tipped them. Apparently, it’s normal not to tip in Australia cause the minimum wage is really high. Well, that’s what my cousin said but I decided that the Aussies are a bunch of cheap asses. ‘Muuurica![adinserter name=”Block 1″]
- Service - 8/108/10
- Presentation - 6.5/106.5/10
- Flavors - 7/107/10
- Decor - 7/107/10
- Ambiance - 7/107/10
Luxembourg is considered another best of Melbourne and an Andrew McConnell establishment. It’s located in St. Kilda, which is known for its partying ways like me in college. The meal was good overall and the service was great.