MoVida Bar de Tapas. Per the Gourmet traveler, it’s considered one of the best restaurants in Melbourne next to Hungry Jack’s aka Burger King for us Americans.
It’s small tapas restaurant with Spanish dishes. Hence, the word tapas. I know. You’re totally getting a lesson in culture. Here’s another lesson… you put meat, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and hot sauce in a tortilla and call that a taco. Ok. No more freebies for you, wankers.
MoVida is located on Hosier Lane, so you can knock off two Melbourne to do things in one shot. The service was great and the waiter explained the favorites. He was quick to point out some of the favorites of patrons and added a bit of sarcasm.
Now, el comida. We tried four dishes on the menu.
- Cordero – This was Moorish Spice Marinated and Charcoal Grilled Lamb Mid Loin. You could definitely taste the charcoal layer of the lamb and the Moorish Spice was flavorful. It tasted like something out of a wood burning oven. The lamb was pretty tender, but still a bit gamy. It took me two hours to finish chewing my bite.
- Cecina – It’s Air-Dried Wagyu With Poached Organic Egg & Truffle Foam. The aroma of the truffle was apparent as well as the taste of it. The truffle foam was syrupy sweet. The poached egg was wrapped with the raw wagyu and everything melted in your mouth. Was it real truffle? Well, I think so if Pamela Anderson’s boobies are real.
- Bistec Tartar De Wagyu – This was a Spicy Steak Tartare of Raw Grass-fed Wagyu Beef. I have to say that it was definitely my favorite dish out all the ones we ordered. The beef was tender and the egg yolk was a nice touch. It made the dish silky like your mother’s lingerie.
- Fideos – It’s Baked Seafood & Saffron Pasta. This was my least favorite dish. I don’t like my pasta cut up and it seemed like an unappealing hot mess. The only seafood I noticed was clams. It had a lot of flavor but wasn’t appealing. There was just too much going on and tasted like paella with pasta. It was a bit disappointing like when she says she’s on the pill but she’s not.
Overall, MoVida was one of the better restaurants I tried in Melbourne. It wasn’t stuffy like other places I dined at. I felt comfortable in my shorts and t-shirt. I would totally recommend MoVida like wearing a condom with a one night stand.
Expedia, Inc = Link Daily Deals! Score up to 40% Off Hotels and Flight + Hotel Packages with Expedia!
- Service - 7.5/107.5/10
- Presentation - 7.5/107.5/10
- Flavors - 7.5/107.5/10
- Decor - 7.5/107.5/10
- Ambiance - 7.5/107.5/10
MoVida is located on Hosier Lane, so you can knock off two Melbourne to do things in one shot. The service was great and the waiter explained the favorites. MoVida was one of the better restaurants I tried in Melbourne. It wasn’t stuffy like other places I dined at.